Roanoke House Fire Displaces Family

A family has been displaced after burning incense caused a fire Wednesday night.

Roanoke Fire and EMS said they responded around 10:03 p.m. to a house fire in the 1600-block of Staunton Avenue.

When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the second floor window. Upon entry, they said heavy fire was found in an upstairs bedroom.

According to fire crews, one person was in the house when the fire started and was able to escape without injuries. They are staying with family.

It was determined that the cause of the fire was the incense burning too close to combustibles.

Damages are estimated are approximately $65,000.

Roanoke Fire-EMS reminds you to never leave incense or candles close to combustibles and never leave them unattended. 

 

title

Content Goes Here